| Date | 5/22 | 5/31 | 6/5 | 6/9 | 6/11 | 6/16 | 6/23 | 7/2 |
| Miles | 1.5 | 1.3 | 2.2 | 1.5 | 1.3 | 1.5 | 2.4 | 1.5 |
| Minutes | 16 | 14 | 23 | 17 | 13 | 16 | 28 | 15 |
I think I'm missing a run between the 23rd and yesterday. I know that I went for a run/walk with the puppy, but that definitely doesn't count. I am relaxing on this MUCH needed 3 day weekend. I can't believe how tired I let myself get over the course of the last month.
Over the last week I read a book called March by Geraldine Brooks. The novel is the 2006 winner of the Pulitzer Prize in Fiction. I chose the book for its very interesting main character: the patriarch of the Louisa May Alcott's March clan. I found myself absorbed in the broader background created by Brooks for Alcott's young women. It was an admittedly nice break from the compelling but dense economic and historical evaluation of entire philosophies and visions by Thomas Sowell.
As for my other goals: I did indeed code the honeycomb lattice on top of my existing hexagonal lattice. Also, I wrote some shell scripts that should prove quite useful if I continue my current work. I updated my website and I'm baking some bread this evening after it cools off.
I have been diligently NOT watching TV. It has been so nice.
Completed Goals
18) Make a batch of freezer jam.
54) Visit the Pizza restaurant near Lake Michigan.
62) Visit a local winery.
69) Develop a successful composting system.
71) Grow a crop of corn (greater than knee high by the 4th of July)
73) Clean and organize the contents of both desks
87) Train Odie to stay at doorways
101) Do not allow yourself to complain of boredom
Partially Completed Goals:
9) Read 10 of the National Book Award winners in fiction (2/10)
10) Read 10 of the Pulitzer Prize winners in fiction (2/10)
11) Read 10 of the Modern Library’s 100 Best Nonfiction (0.5/10)
64) Make a point to use the local libraries (I have a card and I'll make a trip there soon enough)
70) Clean the oven twice (1/2)
80) Pay off student loans (I have one left, the interest is very low)
81) Pay off my car loan (I'm getting there. It should be paid off in a year)
82) Organize and fully document my financial information (I'm slowly work on this)
92) Watch no television for one month (I'm about half through this goal)
This week's goals:
1) Get a make file working
2) Bike to and around St. Mary's
3) Read something about architecture
4) Reinforce commands w/ Odie (look and come).
No comments:
Post a Comment