Completed Goals
18) Make a batch of freezer jam
54) Visit the Pizza restaurant near Lake Michigan
62) Visit a local winery CHECK! I went to Lemon Creek Winery (not impressed) and the Round Barn Winery. I didn't love all of the wine at Round Barn, but the staff was knowledgeable, there were a few good bottles, and it was a fun environment. Bonus, Odie is allowed in the tasting room!
Partially Completed goals:
1) I was accepted to a summer school in August. I consider that progress toward a Masters. Really what I need to do w/ this goal is discuss how I'm progressing in research since that is what it will take...
3) Website is up and running. I want to edit it and continue to maintain it before checking this off.
5) I used my first makefile the other day. The BF wrote it. I need to spend some time working through the process myself.
6) I just finished a National Book Award winner. More on that soon.
12) I am officially registered for Portuguese in the fall.
16) See 12.
25) I've got a garden in the ground, so making a meal out of it should happen in a couple of months.
27) I am in Pilates Mat. Unfortunately it is full of beginners. Hopefully I will progress enough to take something more challenging next semester. I feel ready for it now, and will certainly grow my abilities this summer. Besides, it is considered an intermediate class, and I distinctly wrote "advanced." I think I have to hold myself to it.
28) My summer school is right near the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library, so I've got another site on the horizon. That will be 2/10. I've actually visited quite a few before I began this list which I don't believe will count.
63) I was very briefly in Benton Harbor yesterday, but I think I missed the point. Its twin city St. Joseph is touristy w/ a nice beach. I didn't see much in BH to visit, but I may have to do some research and go back.
71) I'm planting corn today or tomorrow. Expect a garden post w/ pics soon.
83) I have more money in my bank account now than before I went to Brazil last year. In fact, I don't remember the last time I had this much money. Go me!
85) Odie comes when called about 95% of the time. When she doesn't, I think she honestly hasn't heard or knows she is in serious trouble. I need to practice this one a bit more and check it off.
87) I've made the little mutt stay at doorways other than home recently. She doesn't do it automatically, but I should keep at it.
88) I took Odie to St. Patrick's park last weekend. I plan on hauling her to another one sometime this weekend. I should really figure out how many parks there are to visit... this is a bit of a nebulous goal because I didn't specify "county parks" so I may eventually have to start taking her to city parks in other places in the county. I haven't decided quite how to define this goal yet.
90) I took Odie on a day trip yesterday. She tossed her cookies in the back seat of my car. But mostly she is very good on short trips. I think vacation/camping is definitely in the cards.
100) I recently gave a very thoughtful birthday/Mother's day gift. It doesn't count, but I'm starting to think more creatively about how to give to others. Next step is to start some flower seedlings in pots and eventually give them away.
101) I sure have been too busy recently to be bored. Go me!
Goals for this week:
1) Organize my desks. I have been so focused on gardening and school recently that I've been more messy than I care to admit. It isn't awful yet, but I need to learn to take care of these things every day and avoid letting things pile up...
2) This isn't on the list, but I'm working on STAY right now w/ Odie. She doesn't seem to think that one applies for more than about 30 seconds...
3) I just read that June 1st is "Donut Day" and Oscar the Grouch's birthday. I think those sound like holidays worth celebrating. June 4th is Aesop's birthday. June 14th is world juggling day! I have to celebrate that one for sure. June 19th is called Juneteenth and even has a feature in one of my cookbooks. So, this week, I will pick one of those holidays and decide how to celebrate.
4) Go for two runs. Between the heat and gardening, I haven't been doing enough of this recently. I can handle two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment