So I've been busy and experiencing more stress than I consider necessary. I'm homesick and project sick and not focusing as well as I'd like. I finally finished the Andrew Jackson biography (Pulitzer winner, counting it) and am reading One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest . I am fairly certain it isn't on any of my lists, but I am enjoying the hell out of it and that is what counts.
I submitted an abstract and I'll be presenting at a conference in March btw.
Partially Completed Goals:
9) Read 10 of the National Book Award winners in fiction (2/10).
10) Read 10 of the Pulitzer Prize winners in fiction (4/10).
11) Read 10 of the Modern Library’s 100 Best Nonfiction (1/10).
13) Be able to name all of the U.S. Presidents in order... Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, John Quincy Adams, Andrew Jackson, Van Buren (MVB is a new one).
52) Visit 10 Presidential Historic Sites (2/10).
Completed Goals (22/101)
12) Have a conversation in Portuguese
15) T.A. a graduate level class
16) Take a language class
18) Make a batch of freezer jam
23) Make baking bread a habit
27) Take an advanced pilates class
28) Run a 5K (31:47)
42) Visit the Field Museum
48) Visit a country whose primary language is not English
53) Go on vacation without a car.
54) Visit the Pizza restaurant near Lake Michigan.
62) Visit a local winery.
67) Visit Fernwood Botanical Garden
69) Develop a successful composting system.
71) Grow a crop of corn.
72) Buy a cactus or other succulent to raise in the house
73) Clean and organize the contents of both desks.
85) Train Odie to come when called
87) Train Odie to stay at doorways.
90) Take Odie on a vacation (overnight trip to Fermilab!)
92) Watch no television for one month
93) Drive in downtown Chicago
101) Do not allow yourself to complain of boredom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment