That is the time I have to beat when I run my next 5K. Go me! Also over the weekend, I drove to Chicago and went to the Field Museum. Check. Check. Although, that was a relatively easy drive in Chicago. Off the 94 to Lakeshore, turn at Museums. I probably need to do that again to really feel like it counts.
Things I'm working on:
1) I came up w/ a great gift/donation for a friends school. I need to send this. Once I do that, I'm adding one to the random/unexpected gift category.
2) The BF and I just bought a "Presidential Cookbook" that details some of the history of eating and cooking in the White House (and before). I will have to learn those 19th Century presidents if I'm going to make their recipes. So far we have read the Thomas Jefferson chapter. I felt absolutely informed and amused by what I read. I can't wait to make some of the recipes!
3) My tricep push-ups have definitely improved...
Completed Goals (20/101)
12) Have a conversation in Portuguese
15) T.A. a graduate level class
16) Take a language class
18) Make a batch of freezer jam
23) Make baking bread a habit
27) Take an advanced pilates class
28) Run a 5K (31:47)
42) Visit the Field Museum (Artifacts from Egypt = Awesome!)
48) Visit a country whose primary language is not English (So, I'm leaving for Costa Rica in a week and I'm adding this now!)
54) Visit the Pizza restaurant near Lake Michigan.
62) Visit a local winery.
67) Visit Fernwood Botanical Garden
69) Develop a successful composting system.
71) Grow a crop of corn.
72) Buy a cactus or other succulent to raise in the house (Well, I'm growing basil inside, and so far it is alive!)
73) Clean and organize the contents of both desks.
85) Train Odie to come when called
87) Train Odie to stay at doorways.
92) Watch no television for one month
93) Drive in downtown Chicago (So I'm counting this one, because I was totally intimidated to even drive to the Museums..)
101) Do not allow yourself to complain of boredom.
10.08.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment