I recently finished reading The News From Paraguay by Lily Tuck. This novel won the 2004 National Book Award in fiction. I have committed to reading 10 from this list of books.
I am not entirely sure what to feel about this work of historical fiction. It has a strange and often horrifying humor, an episodic style, and shallow main characters. This requires an different reading style, not so much of enjoyment, but rather hunting beyond the face value offered. It isn't a book that I would recommend to someone looking for a good read. I learned to read it looking for connections and motivations. This made it feel worthwhile and I am certainly curious to know more about the real history behind this story.
In other news, I made a batch of freezer jam over the weekend. After completing the rabbit fence, I am one step closer to starting my garden. Hooray!
4.27.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment