11.25.2012
deadline coming soon... and books, books, books
My deadline for 1001 days is in a few weeks, but I've decided to just keep plugging away at it. I went to a wonderful new park this morning with my dog and I'm making crackers soon, I swear!
I assigned myself a reading list of 30 books from 3 lists and my definitions have gotten a tad loose with time. Here are books I have read that I count, even if the Pulitzer is in History instead of Fiction... I get a little extra credit for all of the great fiction I've read just since starting this list, even if it was a little off course.
National Book Award Winners in Fiction: (5/10)
1973: Chimera by John Barth
1979: Going After Cacciato by Tim O'Brien
1980: The Right Stuff by Tom Wolfe
1980: The World According to Garp by John Irving
2004: The News from Paraguay by Lily Tuck
Pulitzer Winners in Fiction: (7/10)
2007 The Road by Cormac McCarthy
2006 March by Geraldine Brooks
2005 Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
2000 Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri
Pulitzer Winners in Biography:
2009 American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White House by Jon Meacham
2002 John Adams by David McCullough
Pulitzer Winners in History:
2001 Founding Brothers: The Revolutionary Generation by Joseph J. Ellis
Modern Library's 100 Best Nonfiction: (16/10)
-THE ROAD TO SERFDOM by F. A. Hayek
-UNDAUNTED COURAGE: MERIWETHER LEWIS, THOMAS JEFFERSON, AND THE OPENING OF THE -AMERICAN WEST by Stephen E. Ambrose
-THE GREAT BRIDGE by David McCullough
-THE RIGHT STUFF by Tom Wolfe
Modern Library's 100 Best Fiction:
-THE LORD OF THE RINGS by J.R.R. Tolkien
-SONS AND LOVERS by D.H. Lawrence
-STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND by Robert Heinlein
-THE STAND by Stephen King
-ON THE ROAD by Jack Kerouac
-THE HANDMAID’S TALE by Margaret Atwood
-STARSHIP TROOPERS by Robert Heinlein
-THE WORLD ACCORDING TO GARP by John Irving
-ZEN AND THE ART OF MOTORCYCLE MAINTENANCE by Robert Pirsig
-ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO’S NEST by Ken Kesey
-MY ANTONIA by Willa Cather
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment