I am proud to say I am the owner of a lovely blue bathroom!
Gilead wound its way to a fascinating and surprising ending. While the book was slow in spots, I am lucky to have read it.
I recently discovered the Modern Library's Fiction list, and WOW, I'm doing much better than I thought if I count those books. I know that I constantly loosen my standards with reading, but the idea is to push myself to read good books. This is grad school, so I can't spend the time and energy to read as I once did. Since starting this list, I have read:
Lord of the Rings, One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest, ZEN AND THE ART OF MOTORCYCLE MAINTENANCE by Robert Pirsig, THE HANDMAID’S TALE by Margaret Atwood
Including the Thomas Sowell book, I am up to 5/10 on the Modern Library list (ignoring the non-fiction requirement). I have plans to read several non-fiction:
THE ROAD TO SERFDOM by F. A. Hayek
THE GREAT BRIDGE by David McCullough
THE RIGHT STUFF by Tom Wolfe
IN COLD BLOOD by Truman Capote
I'm excited to read those books, I just need to find the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment